Finance and Administration Manager
Mzuzu Entrepreneur Hub
Contract type: One Year (Renewable)
ABOUT MZUZU E-HUB
Mzuzu E-Hub is a social enterprise registered under company’s incorporation Act TMBRS 1010145 based in Mzuzu, Malawi that was established with aim of building a community of entrepreneurs creating innovative solutions for their communities to foster job creation and poverty eradication. We provide co-working space, business incubation and technical assistance to start up and emerging enterprises by linking them to a network of services for growth and success. We facilitate this through skills and knowledge transfer, information sharing and provide access to resources, opportunities and networking platforms.
Since inception in 2017, Mzuzu E-Hub has grown tremendously and expanded staff and operations hence seeking a Finance and Administration Manager to play a leading role in helping us strengthen our financial and administrative systems and proactively manage these complexities. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate solid non-profit experience and passion towards enterprise support and youth development.
The Finance and Administrative Manager will work to support a dynamic and vibrant finance and administration team towards planning, organizing, directing and controlling all financial and administrative activities across the organisation. The Finance and Administrative Manager is expected to provide sound financial advice, effective financial management as well as manage the administrative functions of the Mzuzu E-Hub. The Finance and Administrative Manager position is a full time, regular position and reports to and works closely with the Managing Director.
• Establish effective accounting and book keeping systems and procedures and oversees all accounting services
• Establish and implement internal controls, and administrative systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of day to day operational activities well aligned with approved strategies and budget allocations
• Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants and donations processing and acknowledgement, invoice payments, payroll and bill payments
• Maintain organisational records highlighting income and expenditure in financial database
• Ensure adequate cashflow for organisational requirements by monitoring grant funding remittances, and preparing requests for funds as required
• Prepare and present quarterly and annual financial budgets and cashflow forecasts, working hand in hand with the Managing Director to actively monitor and understand budget variances
• Prepare budgets and reports on expenditure for funders through set deadlines
• Ensure and review all monthly financial statements from the Finance officer (Accountant) and prepare narrative reports for review by the board directors
• Manage bank accounts and monitor bank reconciliations, all transactions including online transfers and keeping track of signing authorities
• Prepare documents and schedules for annual audit and liaise with auditors timely
• Manage liquidity, investments and foreign exchange according to policies and procedures
• Work with the Managing Director to proactively mitigate financial and legal risks to the organisations and the board directors
• ensure all activities and policies meet board approved policies and directions, funders criteria as well as legislative requirements in Malawi
• Recommend policies and procedures in all areas supporting finance and accounting, information technology, privacy and compensation for consideration by the Managing Director and the board directors
• Coordinate organisation of board and advisory committee meetings including preparation and dissemination of background documents
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual operational reports on the performance of the finance department for management information and decision making.
Human Resource and Administration
• Oversee the recruitment of staff, consultants, interns and volunteers
• Maintain and update all personnel files, health benefits, pension fund and other insurances
• Support supervision, coaching and staff appraisals across various departments.
• Apply Malawi’s relevant employment law to Mzuzu E-Hubs Human Resource policies
• Maintain administrative systems for the organisation, including information resources, general filing, electronic filing, personnel records, contracts and leases, subscriptions, insurance, etc.
• Ensure the effective development and administration of IT systems, such as client databases, partner databases, email, cloud filing, back-up and online communication tools including Zoom/Teams, websites, and other web/video/audio conferencing systems
• Manage incoming telephone and mail communications.
• Manage the outlook of the office premise and all security check points
Resource Mobilization and Grant Management
• Support development of strategies for new and existing revenue models for the Mzuzu E-Hub
• Establish pricing structures for all services offered by the Mzuzu E-Hub
• Analyse and recommending on the economic viability of the business and investment proposals under the Mzuzu E-hub.
• Manage grant administration to organizations including overseeing grant contracts and wire transfers to grantee partners
• Oversee the reception of timely and complete narrative and financial reports from grantee partners
• Organise random audits to sub grantees and provide financial support and training for sub grantees
The Finance and Administrative Manager will oversee the Finance and Administration department with full responsibility to support the following staff including:
• Finance Officer (Accountant)
• Procurement and Logistics Officer
• Finance and Administration Assistant
Experience and Academic Qualifications
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in a senior management finance position supporting a non-profit/social enterprise
• Experience in financial management especially focusing on development, monitoring and reporting on the financial status of the organisation and all programs
• University degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution of higher learning
• Preferably a registered member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM)
Expertise and Skills
• Knowledge of and experience in applying accounting procedures and protocols in budget administration and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting.
• Excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to create and implement new systems that keep the organisation running smoothly
• Strong donor and funder management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency with computerized financial systems i.e. QuickBooks, such as accounting programs, databases, payment processing, excel spreadsheets, payroll services.
• Experience in preparing for and coordinating financial audits.
• Fluency in English and Chichewa
• Experience in scheduling and organizing events.
• Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks.
• Ability to handle confidential matters.
• Enthusiasm for working with young organizations/start-ups.
• Knowledge and interest in enterprise support and commitment to the mission and goals of the Mzuzu E-Hub
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following:
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outline why you would like to work with Mzuzu E-Hub
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• List of three traceable referees
Please include Finance and Administration Manager in the subject line
Download full details of the vacancy by clicking on the following link
Submission of applications must be done by 11.59 pm on 12th December 2021
Mzuzu Entrepreneur hub is an equal and inclusive employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. Mzuzu E-Hub will offer a modest salary based on one’s experience and qualification and is open to negotiation.